All marketing majors in the Jack Welch College of Business are required to complete an internship for credit.
To receive credit for an internship, you must have it approved before you begin. You should work with Career Services to create a resume and secure an internship.
The procedure for the request follows:
- You must have been offered and accepted an internship.
- You must have a scanned offer letter from your employer (an email is fine).
- You must have a completed and scanned learning agreement signed by you and your supervisor*.
- Once you have all of these documents, complete the application form and attach them where indicated.
- Your request will be reviewed and, if approved, Sue Kanuch will email you to notify you that you have permission to register.
- At this point, you must go in person to the registrar and register for MK 390.
- Once you are enrolled, all of the forms and information you need will be on the MK 390 Blackboard site, or here.
Confused? Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
* The learning agreement may be submitted within the first week of the internship if you have not met with your supervisor to agree on objectives.